- Regional automobile traffic report
- CalTrans road reports:
- Commuter rail service,
Coast Express Rail (the "Coaster"),
runs from the Santa Fe Depot in downtown San Diego to Oceanside.
Two stations are in Carlsbad--Village station
(downtown between Washington and State on Grand) and
Poinsettia station (Avenida Encinas north of Poinsettia Lane).
Carlsbad's bus system connects with the Village station.
For information, call 800-870-6474 or 1-760-967-2828.
does not stop in Carlsbad, but does stop in just North of Carlsbad at
- For carpool information, call 237-POOL (237-7665).
North County Transportation District
provides bus service.
The major routes include:
For route information call 722-NCTD (722-6283).
- Route 301 runs on Carlsbad Blvd. (old 101) from Oceanside to
northern San Diego (University Towne Centre).
- Route 309 runs on El Camino Real from Camp Pendleton
- Route 321 runs from Poinsettia Station,
up along I-5 to Carlsbad Village, then to Plaza Camino Real.
- Route 322 runs a figure "8" route between Carlsbad Village,
Plaza Camino Real, and various Carlsbad neighborhoods.
- Express routes 310 and 320 leave from
Plaza Camino Real to northern San Diego and Escondido, respectively.
- Routes 302, 311, 316, and 320 head to Plaza Camino Real
from various points north and east of Carlsbad.
- Route 344 serves south Carlsbad to San Marcos.
It includes stops at the
Coaster (above), Legoland,
and continues to CSU San Marcos and Palomar College.
- San Diego (downtown or airport):
To get to or from downtown San Diego, take route
301 or 310 to University Towne Center in San Diego.
Transfer to San Diego Transit route 34 (or other bus
going downtown) at UTC.
From downtown, route 992 runs frequently to Lindbergh Field
(San Diego's airport).
- If not given, area code for telephone numbers above is +1-760.
- Palomar-McClellan Airport (code CRQ)
is on the corner of Palomar Airport Road
and El Camino Real.
It has a 4700' runway on 487 acres.
It is permitted to operate aircraft to carry more than 30 passengers and
is the busiest county government airport.
This airport is named for Gerald McClelland, a North County community leader.
It was opened in 1959 by the country to replace Del Mar Airport.
These airlines provide regular service to Carlsbad:
- "The Wave"
is a fast hydrofoil ferry service
between Oceanside and downtown San Diego.
It started service March 2003.
The ferry leaves 5:30am weekdays and arrives downtown at 8:10am.
The return trip leaves downtown 5:30pm.
- Boats may arrive at
just north of Carlsbad.
Back to Carlsbad, California.
Copyright © 1994-2007 Dan Anderson. All rights reserved.
This website is not authorized or sponsored by any government agency.
The bear fetish is the 7000-year-old Official State Prehistoric Artifact
10 July 2011.
If you have problems or comments concerning our web service,
send a message to