Places To Go and Things to Do in Carlsbad, California
The area code for all Carlsbad telephone numbers is +1-760.
- Official Visit Carlsbad,
1-800-227-5722 or +1-760-434-6093.
- Be sure to visit the
Visitor's Info. Center at the old train depot,
400 Carlsbad Village Dr.
- They also have a list of
- Seasonal events
(motels, hotels, resorts)
nightclubs, and music
- Carlsbad Beaches
- Batiquitos Lagoon
offers glimpses of hundreds of migratory birds
from nature walks along this brackish-water lagoon
- Golf and tennis
- Volksmarch, a sanctioned AVA/IVV
walking route, starts at
Ocean Palms Beach Resort, 1950 Ocean St.
For information, ask at the front desk.
- Hosp Grove on Jefferson St. Walk through a 90 acre, 100 year old
- Agua Hedionda Lagoon hosts various aquatic sports.
The eastern section is for passive, non-motorized use, such as
sailboards, kayaks, and sailboats.
The middle section is for powerboats.
The area next to I-5 is for jet skis.
- Carlsbad Children's Museum,
300-103 Carlsbad Village Dr.
- LEGOLand California,
theme park for young children.
"The Hideaways" at Castle Hill is the favorite for children.
So is the "Waterworks."
Adults favor "Miniland" with the miniture cities.
- The Wave Waterpark,
operated by the City of Vista.
Includes the famous "Flow Rider," which makes waves for boogie boarding.
- Carlsbad Skate Park, 2560 Orion Way. Open daily 8am to 10pm.
- Adult and youth organized leagues, swimming,
classes, and other activities are
sponsored by the
Parks & Recreation Dept.
- Movie Theaters:
- Edwards La Costa 6 Cinema, El Camino Real and Alga
- Plaza Cinema, Plaza Camino Real
- Ultra Star Cinemas, El Camino Real and Dove
Museum of Making Music, 5790 Armada Dr., 438-8001
- Arts Office
- William D. Cannon Art Gallery,
next to the new library
- Carlsbad Scupture Garden,
next to the Arts Office
- Carlsbad Art Fair, 2nd and 4th Sunday at Carlsbad Rotary Park.
Downtown next to the old train station.
Incognita, original art for sale, 730-1318
- Gallery Vista (art), 300-204 Carlsbad Village Dr., 434-9431
Copyright © 1994-2011 Dan Anderson. All rights reserved.
This website is not authorized or sponsored by any government agency.
Trademarks are properties of their respective holders.
The bear fetish is the 7000-year-old Official State Prehistoric Artifact
1 December 2013.
If you have problems or comments concerning our web service,
send a message to